Great news! We are happy to announce our new partnership with Growing Minds Bookstore in Catonsville, Maryland, who is carrying our books! We are planning an in-person event for early August, along with long-time Woofbooks supporter, Loyal Companion pet supply store, just down the road. Details to follow!
I really enjoy doing book signing sessions in local area shops, as well as appearing at festivals and animal-related fundraising and adoption events.
And we had a GREAT time doing both at our first post-pandemic book signing on June 26th, 2021 supporting the ADORABLE, adoptable dogs from Saving Grace Animal Rescue from Millersville, MD! Our wonderful hosts at Park Books and Literacy Lab in Severna Park, Maryland donated a portion of their sales from the day to Saving Grace. We had a great turnout at the book reading sessions, met wonderful families, saw some old friends, met some new ones, and LOVED seeing the puppies!
Over the years I have also held events in local pet supply stores. Whatever rescue group is there the same day I am receives a portion of my sales proceeds!
- Bark! Pet Food Stores (now rebranded as Loyal Companion) in Annapolis, Catonsville, Clarksville, Olney, and Silver Spring, Maryland
- Mutt Mart in Baltimore’s Hamilton neighborhood
- Dogs and Company in Columbia, Maryland, prior to their closing.
Everett Jewelers of Clarksville, MD, also sponsored me for a special event in July 2018, as well as my being a regular guest at EL&Company, an adorable gift store supporting local artisans, in Pasadena, MD.
I have also participated in these events, some of them on a recurring basis:
- Kensington Day of the Book Festival, Kensington, MD
- Tails of Hope 5K Fun Run, Mount Airy, MD
- Music for Mutts (supporting Adopt a Homeless Animal Rescue), Timonium, MD
- Walk for Paws (supporting Animal Advocates of Howard County), Columbia, MD
- Oakland Mills High School Craft Fair, Columbia, Maryland
- Oakland Mills Fall Festival, Columbia, MD
- Hooves and Howls, Martinsburg, West Virginia
- Yappy Hour, Clarksville Commons, Clarksville, MD
- Gaithersburg Book Festival, Gaithersburg, MD
Additionally, I did a book reading session at The Gift Cellar, an adorable store in Baltimore where my book was being carried. (Sadly, the store closed in early 2016.)